My first experience

"Walking is useful for moving from one place to another..."
Sp4m

My first experience

Post#1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:08 pm

The way movement is currently applied didn't give me a very good experience.
The 'tank' style, dual controls are great, but there's a disconnect between my real hands grabbing the wands, and the virtual hands grabbing the sticks... basically, the metaphor doesn't work because there's no physical feedback. In particular, I can't tell if I've maxed out a lever or not, so I find myself struggling against the motion of the mech.

Also, I want to push a button (grips, as a toggle?) to engage the sticks. If I wanted to stay still, I'd have to either hold my hands still (hard), or raise them up to get them far clear of the motion controls.

Hover junkers has a great system where the vive wand becomes the joystick... it's not perfect, but it's immersive.

I also found myself frustrated by the shooting. I wanted to point with my hands, but instead I had to turn my head around to point my guns. That wasn't very engaging.

Recently I've been playing a lot of Skyrim with the 'Natural Locomotion' app, and it is surprisingly immersive. I know you want to stick with the idea that the player is a PILOT, not the mech itself, which is awesome, but it's not quite there yet.

Fanniebeamp

My first experience

Post#2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:05 am

good luck mate my advice would be to have fun, enjoy the track & dont worry about your speed or anything - tape your speedo up so it doesnt distract you. Also good idea to remove your mirrors.

another good tip is to spend the first and second sessions learning the track rather than trying to go fast

look forward to hearing about your experience

_____
XRumer 16.0 + XEvil 4.0: NEW! the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2